12 So I will always remind you of these things, even though you know them and are firmly established in the truth you now have. 13 I think it is right to refresh your memory as long as I live in the tent of this body, 14 because I know that I will soon put it aside, as our Lord Jesus Christ has made clear to me. 15 And I will make every effort to see that after my departure you will always be able to remember these things. (NIV)
12 Therefore, I will always be ready to remind you of these things, even though you already know them and are established in the truth which is held firmly in your grasp. 13 I think it right, as long as I am in this earthly tent, to inspire you by reminding you, 14 knowing that the laying aside of this earthly tent of mine is imminent, as our Lord Jesus Christ has made clear to me. 15 Moreover, I will diligently endeavor [to see to it] that even after my departure you will be able, at all times, to call these things to mind. (AMP)
- (v 12) What is a reminder? Why do we create reminders? Why would Peter want to remind his audience of these truths even though they know them and are firmly established in them? What methods can we use to remind ourselves and practice the truths of God’s word?
- (v 13) Should we be reminding one another of the truths of God’s word? How should we be doing this? What kind of care do we need to take in doing this?
- (v14) What is a tent? How can our body be like a tent? What does Peter mean when he says, “the tent of this body”? Do you consider your body as a tent? Why or why not?
- (v 15) Peter again reiterates his goal. What is his goal? Do you have any goals like Peter? What can we do that would point people toward Christ even after our departure?
- What is something from our passage or study you are challenged to ponder further this week?_______________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________
Lord Jesus, thank you for your servant Peter’s letter and his reminders to us. Thank you that you have provided everything we need to live a life that glorifies you. I want to be firmly established in your truth. Help me always to desire to know and put into practice the truths found in your word. Remind me that my body is only a temporary dwelling and I will soon depart and be with you. Before my departure from this life, allow me to live a life that points people toward you. Amen
The Brotherhood Mission Statement: “Discipling men of all ages in their pursuit of loving God with all their hearts, all their lives.”